These vegetarian quesadilla’s are a great warming Autumnal treat for the whole family. My baby loved these as much as we did! You could add some rice to bulk them out a little if you wish.
Lately I’ve been food prepping my heart out as everything is go, go, go. Therefore I’m making sure that I’ve always got roasted veg in the fridge by doing a big batch, and then using as I require. You can also freeze the roasted veg in portions, and just defrost and go!
In my recent weaning workshop on Wednesday a couple of lovely ladies were asking me about food prep and finding the time to cook with a baby in tow. It can be really difficult to find the time and stick to it, so I’m going to focus on a few shortcuts in my upcoming recipes. My job is to make weaning and family cooking as east and tasty as possible for you!
I hope you have a great day.
Love, Natalie x
Ingredients (For one big Quesadilla):
1/2 Butternut Squash, peeled, cubed and roasted
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 small Onion, diced
1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Red Pepper, sliced
1/2 tin Black Beans
Handful of Spinach
2 wholemeal Tortilla’s
Handful Cheddar, grated
Tsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a wok, and heat on medium. Add the onion, paprika and cumin, and cook through for a few minutes until softened a little. Add the red pepper and black beans and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the spinach randomly throughout the dish and cook until wilted.
- In a large frying pan, spray with olive oil and set to a medium heat. Add one tortilla and then spoon on the squash, onion and black bean mix, then sprinkle on the cheddar and parsley, before adding the other tortilla on top. Squish down a little with the back of a spoon.
- Once it has cooked for a few minuted on one side, flip the whole thing over to the other side and cook for a few more minutes.
- Slide the quesadilla on to a plate and cut into quarters, then scatter with a little more chopped parsley and serve with the lime.