This traybake is great for grown ups and kids alike. There is 75g Maple syrup in there, but I am happy to give this to my boy as there is so little per slice. You could leave out the maple syrup altogether if you want a zero sugar traybake. I also added some icing on top of the traybake, but when I was drizzling it over I left one side of it without any on it at all as that will be for my son.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It can be made with various different fruits should you chose to mix it up!
Love, Natalie x
400g Chickpeas, tinned in water, drained
100g Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
75g Maple Syrup (Optional)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Lime, zest and juice of
75g Rolled Porridge Oats
25g Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Baking Powder
50g Mango, chopped into cubes
For Lime Drizzle:
50g Icing Sugar
1/2 Lime Juice
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC, fan 160ºC. Grease and line a square tin measuring 20cm x 20cm.
- Put the chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, lime zest and juice, into a food processor and mix to combine. Spoon into a large bowl and add the coconut, baking powder and oats and mix until combined.
- Pour into baking tin and smooth over. Cook for 30 mins until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 mins, then turn out and leave to cool completely before cutting.
- Make the drizzle by mixing the icing sugar with the lime juice and drizzle over.