I hope you’ve had a wonderful day.
Today I had a bag of spinach and some feta to use up, so I thought I’d make Spinach & Feta Gozlemes. I love these Turkish Flatbreads so much, and the lemon really brings out the flavour. This may not be the authentic version of the recipe (if you know that the authentic version is different please let me know what it is), but for me, this is a great tasty version.
I know I usually cook with grams and ml, I learned to do this recipe using cups, so I will continue using them here.
Obviously, feta is too salty for babies, so I would substitute with extra veg and a little cheddar.
I would serve this with a very simple, light salad.
I hope you enjoy them.
Love, Natalie x
Ingredients (Makes 4):
1 Cup Greek Yoghurt
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 Cup Spinach (per Gozleme)
1/4 Cup Feta, crumbled (per Gozleme)
1 lemon. Cut into quarters.
1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Put the yoghurt into a bowl and stir in the flour. Tip onto a floured surface and knead until firm but still a little bit sticky.
- Put into a clean bowl and cover. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4, and roll each piece to a circle, roughly 30cm round.
- Place each portion of the spinach and feta onto one side of the circle, then fold over the other side and seal.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then cook the gozlemes on each side for around 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Serve with lemon and a side salad.