Evening! I hope you had a lovely weekend. We’ve only got a few hours left of Sunday already! I honestly don’t know where my weekends go sometimes.
I’m doing a two for one meal tonight, in preparation for the coming week as I’d like to get the freezer stacked a little more. I also had a 750g portion of mince, so I thought I’d do 500g for the burrito’s and 250g for the ragu.
This is my basic version of the burritos, but feel free to add anything you’d like. Rice, tomatoes, different cheeses etc.
My little man seems to really like beef at the moment, so I thought I’d make him a ragu and portion some up to have in the freezer. He did not have the burrito’s because of all of the spices, but I can tell you that they were lovely and he’ll enjoy eating them when he’s older!
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the ragu. Sorry!
Love, Natalie x
Ingredients, makes around 6 (Burrito):
1/2 Onion, diced
500g Beef Mince
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 tbsp. Tomato Puree
3 tbsp. Water
Seasoning for Burrito:
1 tsp each of dried Oregano, Cumin Salt & Onion Powder
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Additions for Burrito:
6 Sort Tortilla Wraps
1/2 Tin Black Beans
1 Avocado, mashed with 1 Lime juiced
1 Lime, juiced
250g Mince Beef
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 Onion, diced
- In a large pan, cook the onion in a little oil, for a few minutes, then brown off all of the mince. In another pan, add a little oil and add the carrots and celery and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Take roughly a third out and put into the other pan for the ragu, and add in the tomatoes, paprika and onion. Cook on a low heat for around 30 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- With the remaining mince, add the garlic cloves, tomato puree and water, and cook for another minute.
- Add all of the seasoning, then stir through the beans.
- Warm the tortilla’s, then add your toppings.